A Tenancy Agreement is a written or verbal contract between a landlord and their tenant(s) that specifies
the rights of both parties with regards to the property in question, such as:
- The duration of the tenancy;
- The amount of notice that either party must provide to the other before terminating the tenancy;
- How much rent is payable, the frequency of these payments and whether these payments include
bills for fuel, water etc.;
- The responsibilities of both the landlord and tenant(s) with regards to maintaining the property;
- Any additional services that the landlord may provide to their tenant(s).
Whilst there is no legal requirement for landlords to provide their tenants with a written agreement – and you may,
instead, rely on verbal agreements reached between you and your tenant(s) – failing to do so can cause significant
problems, and lead to you accruing unnecessary legal costs, in the event of a dispute.
With a concise, clearly written and binding Tenancy Agreement you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from
knowing that you’re covered in the event of a dispute between yourself and your tenant(s).
Tenancy Agreement offers a variety of packages to landlords and can provide you with a binding agreement for
just £9.99. Click here to find out more about the packages we offer.